January 22, 2017
Bruce is currently in the process of working on a new album. It is untitled at the moment. Recording and mixing are done. Mastering is next.
- I have added photos from the November 2016 recording sessions in California. You will find them here.
- Bruce will be receiving an award from Folk Alliance International.
- The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today that Ottawa native, 12-time JUNO Award winner, Canadian Music Hall of Fame inductee, and music legend Bruce Cockburn will host and perform at the 2017 JUNO Songwriters’ Circle.
- Bruce's tour schedule is starting to shape up for 2017. It is likely to include June dates in Ohio and West Virginia.
- The Al Purdy Was Here film was released at the iTunes Canada store on September 20, 2016.
- The Canadian magazine, ACTIVE LIFE, has an article on Bruce in their July/August 2016 issue.
- Listen to the 1977 Circles in the Stream Tour documentary.
- Bruce Cockburn - a view from the Woodpile, contains 120 photos I took at soundchecks, performances and in the studio between 1994 and 2008. It is available at the Apple iBookstore, and in hardcopy at Blurb book publishers.
- Ken Rockburn's book regarding the history of the famed Ottawa musical venue, Le Hibou, can be purchsed here. The book is titled We Are as the Times Are.
- My interview with Fox Watson can be found here.
- True North Records released a 9 disc box set, Rumours of Glory on October 28, 2014. For details, track listings, previews and order information go here for all the info you need.
- THE ENTIRE BRUCE COCKBURN ALBUM CATALOG IS NOW AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE DIGITAL FORMATS. Bruce Cockburn Full Catalog Bundle here. Each album is also available individually.
- Bruce Cockburn - Pacing the Cage, the DVD documentary, is available here.
- Bernie Finkelstein's autobiography was released on April 17, 2012.
If you would like to be added to the Gavin's Woodpile email list send me an email.
This site is owned and edited by Daniel Keebler. If you see an error, a broken link or something that you think is incorrect, please let me know. Since 1994 I have received informational support directly from Bruce's record label and management in Toronto (True North Records and Finkelstein Management), with additional support from Rounder Records, Rykodisc Records and Columbia Records in the U.S. and Europe. While True North Records was sold in December 2007, Bruce currently remains with that label. The paper newsletter was first published in February 1994. Ten years later, in December 2003, the last paper issue was published. This site has been on the web since 1996.